Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reaching for the star....

There's a clear distinction between a dream or an ambition and a reality.
Here we are, at the opposite side of the world, far from family and friends (and all those delicious tasty cheap crappy food I adore) in the name of pursuing our dream. That's the thing that comes with marriage, there's (almost) no I nor me, they're not gone, they just becoming a we and us.
Anyway, R is in the middle of preparing his thesis short film. He's been playing with this idea for quite sometime now and then come the early draft of the script.
The scripts are definitely more than decent. It's not a masterpiece (yet) but it's more than okay for a thesis. I always have this vision in my head about his short thesis. That vision is the one that my mind automatically adapt from a very wonderful film we saw few years ago. For weeks while discussing this short project, I'd play the reference film visually in my head. That's until a few nights ago, when I saw the casting video.
Suddenly those characters have breath, those names, have faces and I'm beginning to see what R might see in the first place while he developed this short in the first place.
Well, this is of course a very natural thing, no big deal. But the realization of it hit me in such a way, that I feel I should make a remark about it. I'm beginning to see this short project as something entirely different from what I always have. It's exciting, even when i don't play that big a part in the physical project of it.
And as much as I want to always remember why we are here, sometimes I got sidetracked too. I'm beginning to feel too comfortable with all of the things happenings around me in this wonderful city and my focus blurred a little bit but this, this definitely brings me back to focus. Could this really be our golden ticket? I can only do my part as best as I can and the rest... Well the rest is really up to The Divine power.

No comments: