Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hulk. Incredible

weekend? Movies! That has been my indulgence for the past 4 years. I get to the point where there are no more new films to see at the cinema and being so nervous about it,  I asked my husband "What other movie could we watch now?" in every 15 minutes or so. Lucky for me, he's a movie maniac (and folks, it's contagious!).

So, last Sunday we watched Hulk 2, played by the talented Mr. Norton. Rumor has it, he cowrote the film and even has his own 200 or so minutes cut, that was naturally not use on the official cinema release (*sob*). 
Not only both main character Bruce Banner (Ed Norton) and Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) mutual affection, pictured so romantically understated but the action and suspense didn't disappoint
 either. See, I looooove romantic films, but when it comes to action hero kinda films, I prefer to have it straight-full throttle-non stop-action all the way, than half hearted drama and cheesy romance as I saw in "The Transformer". But The Hulk, manage balance it nicely. The flashback at the beginning is not redundant (for me who happened to glue my eyes on the TV some 15 years ago for its series) but enough to give insights for those who haven't known the story behind it (like a really old man sitting next to me, exhaling long breath every 10 mins).
General Ross (William Hurt) is also very convincing as the distant father as well as the arch enemy. Although all the Brazilian ambush, helicopter actions and Harlem war arena were all Hollywoodesque, still didn't lessen the whole films. If I could make a wish then maybe I wish the Abomination character background (Tim Roth) could be more exposed. Oh and the other mad scientist "Mr. Blue" could be less chirpy.
All in all, the film scored 3.5 out of 5 stars in my list. The same score with The Ironman, only I like The Ironman better. Just because the character of Tony Stark is more complicated and interesting for me.


Now, Edward Norton.
He's just amazing! Not big built but so intense. First I noticed him in "Fightclub". He's awsome! When he played in supposedly-epic-but-flop-film "The Kingdom of Heaven" he blew all other actors! (sorry Orly, I used to really really really like you). And he played as the-leprosy-dying-MASKED-king! I mean, I didn't even see his face and yet I can still fill all of his emotion and desire through that dying voice of him. That my friend, is what I call an achievement. All in all, what I can say is, Edward Norton, my kind of man ;)

No comments: